I've started cooking at least once a week for my family (me, my mum, my dad & mammar) and when my mum was ordering the food shopping on Ocado - most people think it's more expensive but a lot of it is Tesco price matched! I decided to see what recipes they had in their recipe section and I found the 'Recipe of the day' which was 'Creamy Fish Pie with Cheese and Potato Topping' - yum!
So lets give it a go..
To make this fish pie you will need..
1½ kg Potatoes, peeled
75g Butter (split into 25g & 50g)
50g Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 handful fresh Breadcrumbs or crunched up Plain Crisps (optional)
2 x 320g Ocado Fish Pie Mix (If you just want to use a certain fish I'd say 2-3 fillets)
450ml Semi-Skimmed Milk & 4tbsp for the mash
50g Plain Four
2 Free Range Eggs, hard-boiled & roughly chopped
200g Fresh Shelled Garden Peas (fresh garden are better than frozen in this case)
1. Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water until soft.
2. drain & then return to the hot saucepan, Mash together with 25g butter and 4 tbsp milk until smooth.
3. heat 450ml milk in a saucepan, add the fish, cover with a lid and poach gently for 4-5 minutes.
4.use a slotted spoon to strain the fish from the milk and transfer the fish to a 1.5L ovenproof dish.
5. melt 50g butter into the hot milk then sprinkle in the flour to make the sauce.
6. whisk continuously until the sauce thickens and becomes smooth.
7. season then stir in the peas and chopped eggs & pour over the cooked fish.
8. spread the mashed potato evenly over the fish & sauce.
9. Scatter on the cheese mixed with the breadcrumbs.
10. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until piping hot with a golden brown potato topping.
Serve on it's own or with some steamed vegetables then thats it - easy as pie!