I know this isn't going to help our new years diets! *sorry girls* but I just couldn't resist (I figure if I blog about it then I won't want to eat it, hmm..) so this recipe is off Baking Made Easy on BBC 2 with Lorraine Pascale and eventhough she's one of those tv chefs that really quite annoys me anything involving crumbled Oreo's is good enough for me!
So heres the ingredients and how to make these yummy Cookies and Cream Chocolate Fudge Brownies..
You will need:
200g Dark Chocolate
5 eggs (3 full, 2 yolks)
A vanilla pod
160g Soft brown sugar
2 Tablespoons plain flour
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
100g/1 Pack of Oreo's
Now, lets get on with the baking!
1. Melt the butter over a low heat, when melted turn the heat off.
2. Grate or finely chop the dark chocolate and add to the melted butter.
3. Add the 3 eggs and 2 egg yolks to a bowl or mixer
4. slice a vanilla pod down the centre and scrape out the seeds with the back of the knife and add to the eggs.
5. Start to whisk the eggs until mixed together and you can see small air bubbles, then add half of the soft brown sugar
6. mix again until blended together, add the other half of the sugar and give it another whisk until it's slightly frothed up and has some slight bubbles.
7. Add the butter and chocolate mixture into the egg and sugar mixture (pour down the side - not in the middle to avoid knocking the bubbles out.)
8. add 2 tbsp flour, 1 tbsp cocoa powder and a pinch of salt before folding the ingredients together, you can do this by creating a figure of 8 with your spatula or spoon until everything is mixed together!
9. Now crumble 3/4 of the Oreo's into the mixture and give it a good stir.
10. Pour the mixture into a greased and lined tin, crumble the remaining oreos on top.
11. place in an oven for about 25-30 minutes (but check them after 20!) at 180ºC
Once they're cooked they should look cooked on the outside but slightly gooey on the inside. Let them cool, cut into squares, place them on a serving plate and dust with icing sugar and voila! And they're yummy if I do say so myself, I'm eating one as you read this watching Big Fat Gypsy Wedding (twitter is going mad!)