Sunday 28 November 2010

D.I.Y: Baking With Betty!


Most sundays I nip round to Betty's (my mammars) to do some baking & this week it was Ashbourne Gingers. If you want to make these yummy, crumbily, gingery biscuits for yourself you will need:

8oz soft marg/butter
12oz plain flour
8oz caster sugar (depending on how sweet you want them)
2 tsp ground ginger powder (I would have put a little more in as I like them quite gingery)

then you will need to:
1. put all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl (sieving the flour to avoid lumps)
2. mix with your mixer (you could use a hand mixer) 'till all the ingredients stick together in a ball
3. take the ball of your ingredients out of the mixing bowl and roll into a sausage shape on a floured surface (approx. 2 ½ inches thick)
4. cut into circles about 1 inch thick
5. press down the flat side with two fingers to make it flatter
6. place on a baking tray covered in greaseproof paper
7. cook for approx. 20-30 mins (you'll just have to keep checking on them!)
8. as I cooked mine in an aga baking oven I'm not 100% on the ºC temp but I'm guessing it's about 180ºC/gas mark 4!
9. when they're golden brown, leave them to cool.
10. you can top them with a mixture of caster sugar & ground ginger powder like I did (again depending on how gingery you want them)

hope you enjoy them as much as I did, let me know if anybody tries them out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read the comments I get off the lovely people who visit my blog & usually comment back so come back & check if I have replied/answered your question! xo